November 9, 2020
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN - 2021 SPRING SEASON
We are excited to announce that at this time we intend to move forward with programming in January 2021. We are hopeful that the local impacts of COVID-19 have slowed to safely allow us to offer our indoor winter training program and spring soccer season. Our goal is to provide the safest environment for players to resume soccer activities and move forward in their soccer journey. We will keep our pulse on the local COVID-19 situation and adjust accordingly, but we ask all participants and families to exercise due diligence when it comes to their health and the health of others.
For details and to register for the upcoming season, select one of the applicable programs (Competitive or Micro-Elite).
We are excited to see everyone again real soon!
Valley Elite F.C. Board of Directors
CLUB REGISTRAR POSITION OPENING
Valley Elite F.C. (VEFC) is seeking an administrative and soccer/club sports-oriented candidate for its Club Registrar position. The Club Registrar is responsible for the overall management and execution of the club’s registration process and risk management program, serves as an Executive Member/Officer on the Board of Directors, and chairs the scholarship committee. The ideal candidate for this volunteer, part-time role will have good planning and organization skills, be able to communicate with a wide range of individuals and can adapt to changing circumstances.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Maintain accurate records and obtain verification of information on the club’s membership (players, parents, coaches, board members, volunteers, etc.),
2. Oversee and assist with all matters pertaining to the registration of players, coaches, volunteers, etc. in accordance with the guidelines and directives of the Montana Youth Soccer Association (MYSA) and U.S. Youth Soccer (USYS) including:
a. Annual preparation, management, and communication of the Club’s online registration system (Got Soccer/Got Sport),
b. Develop and communicate the process for registration for each program, activity and/or event held throughout the year (ie. determination of registration dates in conjunction with the Board of Directors, Technical Director, etc.; securing registration facilities, communication of logistics, leading registration events, etc.)
c. Coordinate and submit player and team registration information
d. Manage movement of players, including multiple/double rostering, transfers, and withdrawals
3. Ensure all coaches, team managers, board members, and volunteers are cleared through the MYSA background checks, concussion and SafeSport training, and other necessary risk management processes before commencing their duties,
4. Participate in training and be knowledgeable in MYSA’s registration rules and keep current with changes,
5. Attend state required/recommended trainings and meetings as needed
6. Attend and actively participate in scheduled (every 4 to 6 weeks) and emergency VEFC Board meetings and necessary committee meetings,
7. Prepare and submit required reports and agenda action items to the Club’s Secretary prior to scheduled meetings.
8. Maintain confidentiality and ensure safeguard of all information.
The VEFC Club Registrar is asked to serve a two-year commitment in accordance with VEFC Bylaws and must pass a background check and complete required training. Anticipated time commitment for this role is generally 4-6 hours per month, with an expected workload increase during peak registration periods (February-April and August – October).
This volunteer position will remain open until filled. Applicants meeting the position requirements will be contacted to attend a VEFC board meeting. The VEFC Board of Directors will select/elect the Club Registrar by a majority vote.
CLUB STATUS UPDATE: FALL PROGRAMS & 2020/2021 TRYOUTS:
Dear Valley Elite F.C. Parents, Players and Community,
There is no question that the past several months have been unique and at times, challenging. The uncertainty and unknowns of COVID-19 from a local, state and national level remain difficult to navigate. As a youth organization, we struggle to find the balance between want and need; providing opportunities for our kids to play and learn soccer while upholding the responsibility we have to our community and families. As we plan and prepare for the 2020-21 soccer year, Valley Elite F.C. is committed to being family and community-centric and socially responsible. We will continue to say it - the health and safety of our players, parents and soccer community is our TOP priority.
To this end and as we look forward to the new school year, we want our soccer community to be able to focus on their families and prepare for the return to school, however that may look. We also don't want to continue initiating programs only to end up cancelling them. In light of the continued increase in cases, both locally and state-wide along with the uncertainty of the Montana Youth Soccer Association (MYSA) decision to reinstate fall league activities, travel concerns, and to minimize the confusion and strain of starting/cancelling activities, our Board of Directors has taken the following actions for our upcoming fall programs:
1. Postponement of Competitive Tryouts for ages 10 to 18, originally scheduled for Saturday, August 15, 2020
2. Cancellation of the Fall Competitive League for ages 10 to 14
3. Cancellation of the Fall Micro-Elite Program for ages 6 to 10
4. Cancellation of the pre-winter Micro-Elite Indoor program scheduled, originally planned for November through December
We will temporarily close our online registration events and will re-open them in December to gear up for the Spring 2021 season. Our plan and goal is to reinstate program offerings, with the pandemic hopefully behind us, in January 2021 with a great deal of flexibility. These programs/activities will include, but not limited to:
1. Winter Indoor Training - for both competitive teams and Micro-Elite players (January through February)
2. Holding indoor tryouts for the spring competitive league (outdoors, weather and field condition permitting) in January.
3. 2021 Spring League Competitive Teams
4. Micro-Elite Spring Program
We here, at Valley Elite F.C. are grateful for each and every player/family and are working tirelessly to provide a safe, quality soccer program in our community. Rest assured that our commitment remains - to provide the best soccer opportunity and experience possible - and we will bring you updates and schedules as circumstances allow us to safely move forward on the pitch.
Be Safe, Stay Healthy and Soccer On!
Valley Elite F.C. Board of Directors - Steve Herbstritt, Lisa Stevens, Amber King, Kelly Goodrich, Dave Molesh